Court Appointed Special Advocates
West Virginia CASA Association, Inc (WV CASA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization providing support and collaboration among ten (10) local CASA programs across the state. WV CASA is a member organization of National CASA/GAL Association for Children.
To develop, support, and strengthen CASA programs throughout West Virginia to assure quality volunteer advocacy for abused or neglected children in the state’s court system
To establish successful CASA programs in all 55 counties of West Virginia providing quality, trained volunteers advocating for the best interests of every child who has experienced abuse or neglect
To support the development, growth, and continuation of local CASA programs throughout the state
As a member organization, WV CASA proudly adopts values from National CASA/GAL:
- We seek opportunities, embrace challenges, and accept changes that will improve our work supporting the network. We are willing to adapt our thinking and behavior to address the changing conditions around us.
- We collaborate with each other, the national board, state and local programs and other stakeholders to effectively and creatively carry out our mission. We see each other as allies on whom we can rely for support. In the face of difficulties, we remain a team.
- We are committed to being responsive, respectful, honest, fair and humane. We address problems directly with each other, immediately. We express appreciation and recognize a job well done.
- We respect and celebrate diversity in all of its forms, understand that it affects all aspects of our work and strive to be inclusive and welcoming.
- We pursue excellence in everything we do to support our member network in providing the best advocacy for abused and neglected children. We evaluate our work and strive for continuous improvement.
- We believe that each employee has an integral role to play in delivering excellent service to our network of local programs and state organization, our donors, to each other and to our stakeholders. We listen and respond to the needs of our network, each other and our stakeholders.
- We operate from a common purpose, doing what is best for the organization, our network and its stakeholders. We are faithful to our mission, vision and values and endeavor to achieve long term financial sustainability. Careful and responsible management of all the financial and human resources we have been entrusted to use to advance the mission of the organization.